What is Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES)?
It is also thought that cranial electrotherapy stimulation changes the way the mind perceives pain. Strong evidence of this is documented in our many clinical studies and patient reports that they gained moderate to complete relief from their pain symptoms by using Alpha-Stim® CES alone.
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation FAQs:
1. Is it safe?- Yes. Electricity is perfectly safe at the level that Alpha-Stim® delivers. Remember, we all have electrical currents flowing throughout our brain and body at all times. Alpha-Stim® uses tiny currents close to the amount that flows naturally in our systems.
2. Is it like shock therapy or something?- No, not at all. Shock therapy uses a current that is 1000 times greater than the Alpha-Stim®. We use current close to your body's own naturally occurring electrical current. To many patients the feeling is subsensational. Alpha-Stim® is an extremely safe treatment, that unlike shock therapy, has no major adverse effects ever reported.
3. Will I feel better after the first use?- Maybe. Many patients that use the Alpha-Stim® report benefit after the first use. Keep in mind that it may take one to 3 weeks however for some people to feel benefit. It will depend on how your body reacts to the input.
4. What are the long term effects?- The amount of electricity used does not cause any known cell damage at all. In fact, the evidence points to quite the opposite. Many studies have shown that low-level electrical stimulation actually promotes cell growth and regeneration. A recent NIH study showed that low-level electrical stimulation of neurons increased the production of the all important myelin cells in the brain.1 This could be an important discovery since myelin is shown to be decreased in patients with certain disorders and diseases, including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and multiple sclerosis.
Remember- the body likes and needs electrons (electricity) and electrically charged particles to operate. Low levels of electricity are safe!
1. Astrocytes Promote Myelination in Response to Electrical Impulses. Neuron, Volume 49, Issue 6, Pages 823-832 T. Ishibashi, K. Dakin, B. Stevens, P. Lee, S. Kozlov, C. Stewart, R. Fields
Alpha-Stim® is manufactured by Electromedical Products International, Inc. (EPI).
Chronic Pain Relief Now.Com and Moeller Medical, LLC are not
associated with EPI except to the extent of acting distributors of the
Alpha-Stim® device. The Alpha-Stim® name and the
Alpha-Stim® logo are
trademarks of EPI.